Yippee Calloo Callay!

You have reached the foot hill of the mountains.
You are most welcome
More than worthy
.

Friday 8 October 2010

The magical house of Felix Zanker. (prelude)

The magical house of Felix Zanker

My door key wasn’t under the stone hedgehog. Drat. I was locked out. I texted my friend Jenny,
“You’ll never guess what?”

-Beep beep, Jens reply,
“oops ya mam got a mobile?”

I text back,
“Funny you say that, I’ll tell you the story next time, it’s worth saving, no worries, I’m on my bike, onto the magical house of Felix Zanker”

And, here we are. Docked at the safest port in any storm. Apt, as I write this, before going to sleep, pitter patter rain drops, fall onto the roof above me. I’m in an outdoor guest house. Which has a bed, books on shelves, hooks, with hangers for clothes, a bedside cabinet, complete with friendly lamp. This room was hand built by Johanus and all the Zankers, purely to shelter guests. In a frame bright red and blue squares, artwork by a friend on the wall. My heart beats along to the magic and joy of this place.
I’m going to tell you about the garden.
It’s like many in this island, loved and unique. There’s a robin that is now so tame that it would eat a worm out of your hand. The bright flowers sing. It’s so nice to see you. Autumn, the apples good to eat, taste fizzy.

Inside. Beautiful delights, waiting to be savoured, yellow painted walls, furniture passed through generations, look at this bench, and breathe its scent, its colour, painted in reds and greens. Heirlooms. Old crockery. Kids masks, wooden chairs, look this chair has an owl carved into its back. The owls fierce eyes can speak. Such delightful stories.

Gasp!

A new thing. So old. It’s a fossil from prehistoric times, aqua grey rock, like something from Atlantis, I can’t decide if the fossils and their shape embedded in the rock look like lots of wavy sea anomie or an upside down besom broomstick, either way, its amazingly displayed for all to enjoy, in the corridor, opposite the downstairs loo and by the cupboard with blankets and jackets, when i saw it it made me rub my eyes with balled up fists.

This makes me feel good to be alive. Every year Johanus and the Zankers like so many other people, with help from their friends, put on a garden party. The bright inner nature of these, wonderfull friends, can really be felt resplendent in the air. The garden party feels like Summer. Its message, love, cherish, share.

Places and people such as these make me appreciate, what a wonderfull world it is we are living in.

This magical house has taught me many things, as I continue to grow; this is something im going to be open about and share.

You can travel as far as you want all over the world, but without love its hard, for all the pyramids you might see, it’s easy, when you’ve found love in friends, and family, to open your eyes and find just as much magic and beauty in all the places you can call home.
I was hungry, tired, locked out. Three magic words. Pop on over. Felix, even brought me a Kebab. Which gave off wafts of even more delightful smell, when I took the cellar and cracked black pepper over it.

Now I’m just about to go to sleep, and well,

This place is so magical in a scientific way that I have to say out loud, i do. Whist writing in this cosy bed.

“I wish you, (the reader), could be here too.”

No comments:

Post a Comment